+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vq30 vs. vq35

Banned b00b has made no transactions, yet. b00b's Avatar

vq30 vs. vq35

What do you think is more worthwhile?

1) Get the vq35 with the kinetix 350z intake manifold. This would be cheap and provide plenty of power but then the car really does not have the heart of a 4th gen maxima anymore.

2) Stick with the vq30 and boost. The con is that this is much more expensive and the vq35 has more potential for power, but then I would be a true 4th gen Maxima. Also, Biggs and I won't have the same car in different colors.

CNC Junior Member Fishstick has made no transactions, yet. Fishstick's Avatar
    Boost is always nice, the power, the sound of the BOV and turbo spooling up... ahh , but a maxima with a 350 Z manilfold ? I don't think that it has been done yet, go for it.
    2007 Altima 3.5 Se - 6 Spd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1998 Black Nissan Maxima Se 5 Spd
    Intake , y-pipe , Udp, fidanza fly, Exedy stage 1
    Kyb Agx, Eibach springs, Energy suspension bushings,
    Power Slot Rotors, Hawk Pads, SS clutch line, HKS type ground wires..... <------ RIP

Banned b00b has made no transactions, yet. b00b's Avatar
    it has been done. He is part of CMC. He saids he feels power increase throughtout the powerband. He put in the OEM 350z IM. I plan to put in the aftermarket one that the 350z owners are crazy over. This IM is giving Z owners about 16 HP to the wheels N/A.

CNC Junior Member Fishstick has made no transactions, yet. Fishstick's Avatar
    go for it, but too much power to the front wheels is gona drive you nuts. Hope you got LSD, else good luck
    2007 Altima 3.5 Se - 6 Spd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1998 Black Nissan Maxima Se 5 Spd
    Intake , y-pipe , Udp, fidanza fly, Exedy stage 1
    Kyb Agx, Eibach springs, Energy suspension bushings,
    Power Slot Rotors, Hawk Pads, SS clutch line, HKS type ground wires..... <------ RIP

CNC Senior Member Ovaltine Jenkins has made no transactions, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by b00b
    What do you think is more worthwhile?

1) Get the vq35 with the kinetix 350z intake manifold. This would be cheap and provide plenty of power but then the car really does not have the heart of a 4th gen maxima anymore.

2) Stick with the vq30 and boost. The con is that this is much more expensive and the vq35 has more potential for power, but then I would be a true 4th gen Maxima. Also, Biggs and I won't have the same car in different colors.
    I know compton has a stock 350z manifold and getting the kinetix one is just stupid unless you just want it for the looks. stock 350z manifold with the spacer is the better and cheaper way to go.

Supporting Member Biggs has made no transactions, yet. Biggs's Avatar
    kinetix with force induction gain 60hp

I R SupAr Memb0r Ninos_Maxima has made no transactions, yet. Ninos_Maxima's Avatar
    what about the im spacers? dont those give more area under curve
    lawlerz @ me

+ Reply to Thread